Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lego Books!

My latest interest is turning non-traditional items into books.  See my website for the Shrinky Dink books I have made!  Anyway, I was at the Lego store with my kids this weekend and I thought why not make a Lego book?

This is a tiny prototype (1.25 x 2.5 inches) of what I plan to do with a larger base plate.  I am happy to report that my Dremel drill went right through the plastic like butter.   It was fun and the cover is changeable - a book and a toy in one.  What more can you ask for?




3 comments:

~Stella said...

I love it, great plan! And great idea using the dremel...do you use that with a lot of your books instead of an awl? Just wondering. You are so busy in the studio inventin' all sorts of new things!

STella

Katie said...

What a clever idea. I sent the link to one of my co-worker's who is always on the lookout for interesting lego links. =^.^=

Katie Wagner said...

Thanks guys! I hope to have the materials for the 5x5 Lego books by next week.

Stella I have never used the Dremel for books but I am considering using it to drill through covers when making coptic bindings.